Texas RE Facilitator:
Reliability Standards Manager
The Texas RE NERC Standards Review Forum (NSRF) is a stakeholder group reporting to the MRC. The purpose of the NSRF is to provide a regional stakeholder forum for discussion, collaboration, and research on NERC SARs, standards under development, interpretations, and existing Reliability Standards. The NSRF may also provide advice and recommendations to the MRC regarding the development of ERCOT region Regional Reliability Standards and variances.
Participation in NSRF is voluntary and open to interested entities and individuals in the ERCOT region.
The goals of the NSRF are to:
The NSRF has the authority to:
- Increase interest and participation in NERC Standards activities from entities in the ERCOT region;
- Share information and perspectives on NERC Standards issues among interested entities in the ERCOT region; and
- Provide a mechanism for consideration of regional issues related to NERC Standards proposals.
To accomplish this, the NSRF may:
- Review NERC standards under development in North America (and related items);
- Disseminate standards-related information within the ERCOT region; and
- Provide the MRC and stakeholders in the ERCOT region with recommendations, suggestions and comments regarding NERC standards activities and ERCOT-region Regional Reliability Standards and variances.
- Discuss voting recommendations and comments on NERC ballot items for consideration by Texas RE and other NERC members;
- Provide information to the MRC regarding standards activities at NERC and in other regions;
- Collaborate on drafting group comments to be filed in connection with NERC projects; and
- Recommend new or modified NERC and regional standards for development.
Texas RE maintains a distribution list for NSRF communications. To join, visit
Texas RE Mailing Lists.
If you have comments or suggestions regarding the NSRF, or if you wish to participate in the NSRF, please contact the Reliability Standards Manager
at Texas RE.