Texas Reliability Entity, Inc. (Texas RE) analyzes submitted complaints for possible violations of compliance with North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) Reliability Standards or ERCOT Protocols and Operating Guides. Compliance analysis may lead to an investigation.
If a complaint is filed against an entity, Texas RE will notify the entity and either NERC (if the complaint is regarding possible non-compliance with a NERC Reliability Standard) or the PUCT (if the complaint is regarding possible non-compliance with an ERCOT Protocol). Texas RE will then issue a request for information from the entity regarding the complaint. Texas RE will review the evidence produced by the complainant and by the entity to determine if any further action is necessary.
If the complaint pertains to the possible violation of a NERC Reliability Standard(s), Texas RE may proceed by issuing a request for information or, depending on the severity, a Compliance Violation Investigation (CVI).
- Texas RE may request additional information from the entities involved. Texas RE will analyze the gathered data and information to assess whether or not a possible violation of a NERC Reliablity Standard may have taken place.
- Should the evidence indicate that a possible violation has occurred, Texas RE will notify the entities involved and NERC.
- Texas RE determines whether or not the entity in question has in fact violated a NERC Reliability Standard.
If the complaint pertains to the possible violation of an ERCOT Protocol(s), Texas RE will proceed with its analysis:
- Texas RE may request additional information that would assist in determining whether a possible violation of an ERCOT Protocol may have occurred.
- Should the evidence indicate a possible violation has occurred, Texas RE will notify the entities involved and the PUCT.
- The investigation will then be carried out by the PUCT for violation determination and processing.
Top of Page
Submit a Complaint
Alleged violations of NERC Reliability Standards or ERCOT Protocols may be reported by emailing a complaint form to firstname.lastname@example.org (for NERC Reliability Standards), email@example.com (for ERCOT Protocols or Operating Guides) or via the Ethics and Compliance Hotline site, which allows anonymous and confidential reporting.
Top of Page