Compliance Engineer III
Texas Reliability Entity, Inc. (Texas RE) is hiring! If you are interested in this position, submit your resume and cover letter with the position title in the subject line to email@example.com .
Summary of Responsibilities
The Compliance Engineer enforces reliability standards through data collection, audits and investigation. This position has significant contact with NERC Registered Entities to review compliance status. The Engineer ensures the consistency and accuracy of information obtained and prepares information and reports for NERC, FERC and Texas RE Board. The Compliance Engineer reports to the Manager of Compliance Assessments.
Essential Job Duties
- Conducts assessments (audits, investigations, periodic reviews) required for reliability issues as a subject matter expert. Establishes level of non-compliance when necessary, provides input for determining penalties, verifies mitigation plans, and participates in dispute resolution. Prepares reports and filings.
- Develops and updates Regional reliability compliance program jointly with other staff, NERC and other Regional Entity staff. Ensures that selected requirements are valid, measurable reliability concerns and that the measurement process is fair and can be administered consistently.
- Communicates program requirements to NERC Registered Entities through presentations at informational meetings, website postings, and other means. Makes and maintains contact lists for compliance purposes.
- Reviews postings of NERC standards, policies and related material for impact on the compliance program, and support activity involving NERC compliance groups.
- Uses computer systems to obtain logs, real time information, operational records and other data for compliance needs. Maintains working knowledge of OSI PI software, data archives and other data systems.
- Processes collected data as necessary for compliance monitoring and assessment, performing statistical, logical or other mathematical analysis as needed.
- Develops reports and presentations on activities, findings and needs of the program for various ERCOT and NERC bodies. Represents Texas RE in task groups.
- Develops project requests and interfaces with other groups to implement and track progress on projects needed by the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Organization Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Interpersonal and Written Communication Skills
- Functional/Technical Skills
Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field of study is required.
Minimum of 5 years (in excess of degree requirements stated above) of progressively responsible experience in a planning or operating environment, using specialized applications for power system modeling and analysis and/or energy management systems.