CIP Security Auditor I
Texas Reliability Entity, Inc. (Texas RE) is hiring! If you are interested in this position, submit your resume and cover letter with the position title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Summary of Responsibilities
The Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Security Auditor will assist in implementing the CIP program in the ERCOT region. This specific position will focus on the analysis of the cyber security of Network Infrastructures as well as other communications infrastructure used in the electric utility industry. Major duties will include the analysis of communications systems, identification of potential threats and associated possible violations of North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) CIP Standards, and the documentation and communication of these issues to respective parties.
Essential Job Duties
- Performing CIP audits and processing collected data as necessary for compliance monitoring and assessment
- Continuing development of audit experience with internal control principles and the review of IT Frameworks
- Writing clear and concise audit notes and managing audit evidence
- Understanding NERC CIP Standards and applying them in an audit environment
- Remaining up to date on changes to the Standards
- Willingness to pursue additional certifications
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, or an Engineering field of study with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- One or more of the following active certifications is desired: CISA, CISSP, CISM, Network+, Security+, (e.g. DoD 8570 certifications) or CCNA.
This is an entry-level position with an exceptional opportunity to learn from experienced professionals in the industry. The selected candidate will be required to pass a standard background investigation and drug test.